Sunday, January 10, 2016

It's Not Dengue

Hello everyone! Wow. So much has happened since I emailed last. 

On Monday after we emailed, we had another meeting with President Guanzon. He told us that we can keep Fred's house in our area. Like wow. I almost cried. It was a total Abraham and Isaac story. We sacrificed, we passed the test, then Heavenly Father didn't actually make us sacrifice everything. So basically we have to cross areas everytime we go there, but boy am I grateful.

I got to be with Sister Jimenez a lot again this week because of MLC and other exchanges. I love working with her. She's so great. We tracted together one morning and found two new investigators, one of which who went to church on Sunday! His name is Mark James and he's so great! He's only 18 years old, but he knows a lot about the bible and he was so receptive.

Friday was the 9 month mark, and Thursday was Sister Delgado's year mark, so we celebrated with the Mulligan couple at The Oriental, a super nice hotel where we ate dinner. It was heavenly. It was like America. That morning we had Zone Training. It was the best one I've ever been to. Our mission is definitely looking up. I feel like everyone is just so focused on the numbers, but there's kind of been a shift in focus lately, or at least more and more people are getting the right idea. I'm very grateful for that.

On Saturday we were able to attend a baptism. Legazpi District is killing it. We've had a baptism every week this transfer. There's so many prepared people here.

Sunday evening we were able to attend our area broadcast. It was so good and I'm excited for the new goals they presented to the Philippines. Things are gonna get better! I started feeling really sick near the end. I had a fever of 101.5 later that night. Basically I wanted to die. I got a really beautiful priesthood blessing last night. Sister Guanzon had me sent to the hospital this morning. They did some tests. They said I have some infection but they don't know what it is. The doctor is coming in at 3 so I'm at the office right now emailing. I'm just glad it's not dengue fever. I'd rather just stay at home and sleep. The medical care here in the Philippines is no bueno.

I can't believe it's been a week since I last emailed. Life goes by so fast. I hope you all have a great week! 

Love,
Sister Wilkins

No comments:

Post a Comment